Volunteer Opportunities at ARTS Obispo
Here are some of the areas that ARTS Obispo frequently needs volunteer help:
- Gallery Sitting: greet, take attendance, answer phone, and answer general questions about the current exhibit.
- Mailings: folding, stuffing, labeling, bundling, counting.
- Administrative: paperwork, filing, copying, sorting, answer phones.
- Graphic Design: invitations, postcards, brochures (Photoshop, InDesign).
- Data Entry: Word, Excel, & online.
- Receptions/Events: set up, serve refreshments, clean up (times vary)
- Gallery Prep/Installation: spackle, paint, sand, hanging of artwork.
- Exhibitions: handling art & intake forms.
- Arts in Education Committee: help AO organize & support our arts in education programs including Poetry Out Loud, Arts Curriculum Assistance & promotion of the InnerSpark Program.
- Open Studios Art Tour Committee: help AO organize SLO County’s largest annual visual arts event when more than 200 artists open their studios to the public for 3 weekends in October.
- Art in Public Places Committee: help AO implement county wide policies for public art and assist the City of San Luis Obispo in commissioning public art projects.
- ARTS Space Obispo Committee: help AO organize their downtown SLO gallery space exhibitions which may include: poetry readings, intimate musical events, workshops, meetings, exhibits, and performances.
Click here to download the Volunteer Form
Click here to fill out the Volunteer Form online